Wednesday, September 30, 2009

National Sewing Month...

September was declared National Sewing Month by President Reagan back in 1982. There are 3 more hours left before this month is through and the total number of sewing projects I have completed is..... ZERO! How sad :( I have, however, had a few things happen this month that are sewing related:

-Last week I attended a Sewing Soiree at Martha Stewart's house. This gal is AMAZING! She cooks, she crafts, she sews, she gardens... name it she does it. (But really, I'd like to see Martha do all that while raising 5 kids!)

-This past weekend I decided I couldn't live any longer without a walking foot so I lugged both my boys and my sewing machine over to Jo-Ann's to find a foot that fits.

-I did spend some time sewing this month, but have yet to complete a single item to show off. Here's a sample of what I've been working on:




Can't wait to finish my projects so I can post some more pictures!

Curious what my peach jar and packaging tape have to do with sewing? I'll explain later.

No comments: