Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Other Morning...

Marcus woke up and pulled up his pillow and blanket on the living room floor to watch some "buh-bouse" (i.e. "clubhouse"... or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse). When Caleb woke up he asked Marcus if he could snuggle next to him. Marcus agreed and then Mom proceeded to tell the boys how cute they were snuggled there together. Caleb says, "Take a picture, take a picture!" Which of course is exactly what I was thinking of doing, but was talking myself out of because I knew once I got the camera out that Marcus would not cooperate:



Yeah, that's what I thought.  That's okay though.  I got some sweet smiles from the cooperative son:


And he found someone else to snuggle with:




So the morning continued on.  I was in the bathroom trying to get ready for the day when Marcus comes running in yelling "Triangle!  Mom, Look!  Triangle!" (Well, that's what it translates to).  He held up his poptart and again says, "Look!  Triangle!"



(See, uncooperative...)

I was so shocked, not only that he knew what a triangle was, but that he was smart enough to make his poptart into a triangle (or at least recognize it when it got to that point, whether he made it that way purposely or not).


I've found out since then that he knows more shapes too.  He also knows some colors as well.  I guess all that "buh-bouse" is paying off.

1 comment:

julielouisemontgomery said... [Reply]

love that you explain how an ordinary morning is special. i think this will be your favorite post years from now. :)