Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Rewind: Savannah...

(October 2009)

We also took the gang up to Savannah while they were here. I got to be the chauffeur of our car, and I realized, that was the farthest I have ever driven...170 miles. It's not the farthest I've traveled in a car, just the farthest distance traveled when I was the actual driver. Pathetic, I know. Actually, the most pathetic part is that 170 miles is the farthest by a long shot. At first I was thinking, 'Savannah's not much more of a drive than Orlando.' ... I've never driven to Orlando. Then I was thinking 'Savannah's not much longer of a drive than from Kona to Hilo' (the mileage doesn't compare, but driving time is about the same) ...I've never driven to Hilo either. I've had my license almost a decade now, what have I been doing? I guess I'm just a pro at being a passenger. I must've been excited about my first big journey because the next time I headed up north I headed that same direction(towards Savannah), missing the airport exit AND the one after... only to find that the next exit wasn't for another 7 miles, then to have to turn around and travel another 9.5 miles to get to the proper exit. Thank goodness my friends still made their flight after the scenic detour I took them on.

ANYWAY... Savannah... we took the Oglethorpe Trolley Tour.


I have to say, I don't think our tour guide was as funny as he thought he was, but the beauty of Savannah made up for his lame jokes.


I think my favorite part of our visit to Savannah has been looking back through the pictures. Chenoa, how you bring a smile to my face :)


And some more pictures from our expedition:

No comments: